Tuesday 24 October 2017

Nataliee's Alien Nightmare - Markus Fredericks



                Nataliee’s Alien Nightmare: The War Eagle Abductions is a fact based science fiction novel written by science fiction author Markus Fredericks and Bob De Long, a gentleman who is considered an expert in the field of UFOs. This book is the first in a series about the main character, Nataliee, and her experiences with the Greys which starts with her abduction on her prom night. She finds herself in an alien laboratory that’s hidden in a mountainside cave where there are other young women who have been captured. The aliens want to study the women’s eggs and extract them every month in a torturous method. The Greys also get their nutrition from melted humans when they “bath” in them. Yuck! Nataliee escapes and vows to bring people back to rescue the others.
                I’m conflicted as to my thoughts on this book. On the one hand, I found it to be a fun read. There’s lots of humour and a slap stick type of comedy. The pace is fairly fast and there’s lots of action. It’s an easy read that young adults would enjoy as much as older readers. The problem is that I’m not sure if the authors meant for the book to be a spoof of alien abduction books but that’s how I see it. If this book were a movie, it would be one of those hokey comedies that are so stupidly funny that you can’t help but laugh at it. The book starts with two bumbling cops who reminded me of Barney Fife. They refer to a mental hospital as a nut house as well as a plethora of other things that make their professionalism questionable. Actually, all of the characters and their dialogue and actions aren’t very believable. It almost seems like the authors were trying too hard for a small town feel and it ends up distracting from the actual story. I like a book to have dialogue that fits the characters and is something that I could imagine happening in real life, no matter what the genre. That being said, I still enjoyed the book because it was a funny and light read. I can’t say that my belief in aliens has changed one way or the other but I did enjoy the book and found it to be an amusing read.
                I loved the cover and it did draw my eye. I read the digital version and it translated well to my ereader.

No comments:

Post a Comment