Wednesday 18 January 2017

Awakening! - Dr. Tomer Sivron

                Awakening is a spiritual look at how to live our lives gracefully, heal ourselves using our minds, and be spiritual yet practical in our everyday lives. The book is broken up into three main sections. Part One is about how the author discovered the concepts he discusses in the book, partly through a “ride” he had while smoking cannabis a couple of times. The book is well written with a style that is easy and fast to read as well as being entertaining and interesting. He explains the scientific reasoning behind some things discussed in the book and this part is quite heavy reading where, I have to admit, I lost a bit of interest but it picked up quickly after I waded through the science. Part Two is the author explaining how to integrate what he has discovered into everyday life. He writes about self-healing (which I have some belief in), how to keep your body as fit as possible spiritually and physically, as well as a few other things that are very interesting to read about. Finally, the third and final section pulls the whole book together, intertwining all of the concepts in an easily read format.
                I enjoyed this book and found it to be very thought provoking. The author writes about a lot of ideas without being too “preachy”. He conveyed the sadness of Felix’s passing along with a relief that he would finally be free of his ruined body. I’m not sure I can buy into all of the ideas laid out, such as humans needing to be vegetarians, or letting our bodies use fevers to fight off infections without treating the fever, but I found it all quite interesting to read. I liked that there were lots of mini-sections within the three parts of the book. Also the bold print and type of font used helped make it easier to process the information. This book needs to be read with an open mind in order for the reader to enjoy it. If done, it will make for an entertaining read.
                I read this on my ereader and it formatted well with great editing.  I’m not sure why I loved the cover so much but it is eye catching and peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment