Thursday 30 June 2016

Angel Codes - Ami Blackwelder



                This is the third and final book in the Angelfire series and I have to say it is by far my favorite. It seemed like everything came together in this final installment. The characters were multi-dimensional, well fleshed out and “real”. The story never slows throughout the book. The action is constant and kept me turning the pages. There are some new characters and at first I was skeptical about introducing new people in the final novel but they all intertwined into the lives of the original characters nicely. Sergio became a special favorite of mine. His angst over who he really is and how he fits into this supernatural world was especially well written. Dumah, for me, is the ultimate character I loved to hate. Even after reading Dumah’s Demons, which tells how Dumah came to be so evil, I found myself hoping for the worst outcome for her. It takes great writing for me to care, whether it’s to love or hate them, about a character so much. I also enjoyed how the author wrote from alternating viewpoints, both Ali’s and Kian’s. It gave a broader view of what was going on in the different situations. Without giving anything away, the epic battle of the book was awesome and worth waiting for. I enjoyed the previous books but this was definitely the ultimate one of the series.   

No comments:

Post a Comment