Monday 7 December 2015

Good Reasons to Kill - Chris Rhyss Edwards



                Is there ever a good reason to commit murder? Is there ever enough justification to take someone’s life? Those are the main questions you should ask yourself before reading this book. At first, most people would automatically say, “Of course there would never be reason enough” but by the end of this book you may think differently. The author devotes each chapter to a different subject, such as abortion, execution, child rape, etc. He writes about a case and lets the reader decide for themselves what they would do under the circumstances. One such case that stayed with me after reading about it in the book involved a father who found someone raping his five year old daughter and then beat him to death. Another chapter involved an executioner in Texas and his views about his job. I found this whole book to be thought provoking and the author sets out each chapter in an organized and non-judgemental manner. He leaves it up to the reader to decide what they believe to be right or wrong. The only suggestion I’d make would be to make the book longer and maybe have more cases in each chapter. This is solely out of my own selfishness because I enjoyed the book so much that I wanted more of it. I read the book on my ereader and it formatted well. The cover was eye catching as was the title. This was an excellent read!

No comments:

Post a Comment