Monday 12 October 2015

Mother of Darkwaters - Tony C. Skye



                Mother of Darkwaters is the first book in the Vessel series written by Tony C. Skye. It tells the story of the “mother of darkwaters” who is basically evil incarnate. Her minions make all of the mean girls in high school (which they actually are) look like saints. All of these characters are introduced throughout the book in such a scattered way that I was never sure which character was the focal point until about half way through the book. Once I knew how everyone was connected, the story became much better. Before that, I liked the storyline but it felt like I was reading two separate books. There are a lot of twists and turns throughout which I always enjoy but there has to be some cohesiveness for the whole story to make sense and that was missing for the first half of the book. I also need to like at least one character in the book but I couldn’t find any to like here. They were all horrible human beings and I spent the entire time hoping they would get what they deserved. Maybe that’s what kept me reading though so their repulsiveness was a good thing. I read Mother of Darkwaters on my ereader and it formatted well. The cover did not affect my choosing the book one way or another. I’m not sure that I will read book two but now that I understand where the author is going with the story a bit more I may give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment