Thursday 3 September 2015

A Ghost Hunter's Guide to the Most Haunted Houses in America - Terrence Zepke



                I’m not sure if I believe in ghosts but after I read this guide to the most haunted houses in America I’m pretty sure I won’t be staying overnight in any of these places any time soon. For some reason this book completely creeped me out, but in a good way. The author presents each house with some “fun” facts, the history of the house, and the hauntings that have or are taking place there. She also provides a few words about where the house is located and whether it can be visited or not. Almost all of the houses have pictures attached which I really enjoyed. It’s nice to be able to visualize the place where all of the horrid and gruesome things happened that supposedly brought about the hauntings. Ms. Zepke’s style of writing is entertaining and, unlike a lot of guide books, the information is not dry or monotonous. Even if I never visit any of these places, I enjoyed reading about them and the murders and deaths that occurred there. This is due in part to the excellent writing style. It is clear by Ms. Zepke’s writing that she has a keen interest in the subject of ghosts and provides her own thoughts on the places in the book she has visited. I was unsure whether this would format to my ereader due to the pictures but it worked amazingly well. The cover and title will draw in anyone with an interest in ghosts and the book will tell them where to find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment