Monday 30 December 2013

Aboard the Great Iron Horse



                Aboard the Great Iron Horse: The Clockwork God, written by Jamie Sedgwick, is the first book in a new steampunk series about a motley band of misfits who are led by Socrates, an ape-like creature that is part machine and extremely intelligent. He and his band are scavenging the world for Starfall, a substance which powers a city called Sanctuary, as well as gives life to Socrates. In this particular book, when the train gets stopped, two of the crew, Micah and Kale, take off in search of provisions but end up encountering zombies and a strange and unwelcoming village.

                This is my fourth steampunk novel, only two of which I liked, and this was definitely one of them. The story is fast-paced and exciting and the author writes in a way that makes the steampunk world easy to understand even if you’re not familiar with it. I loved it from the first chapter and can’t wait for the next book in the series.

I seriously loved this book and am looking for more by this author. It's so exciting to find new authors I like!!!.....Yes, I am a book geek.

No comments:

Post a Comment